This time around, the rally of rallies ended tonight, as it is Cooling-Off Day tomorrow! I attended five rallies all over the island in total:
- 4 September: Toa Payoh Stadium (Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC), Singapore People’s Party
- 5 September: field in front of Block 895A Tampines Street 81 (Tampines GRC), National Solidarity Party
- 6 September: Jurong East Stadium (Yuhua SMC), Singapore Democratic Party
- 8 September: field of Ngee Ann Secondary School (Tampines GRC), People’s Action Party
- 9 September: Bedok Stadium (East Coast GRC), Workers’ Party (which was just now!
Since all the rallies were livestreamed on a few sites, there was no need to actually go down to the venues, unless you wanted to soak in the atmosphere. After attending these rallies, I must say that I wasn’t very impressed by what I had heard. In any case, I agree that rallies preach to the converted. So maybe next election (in 2019? 2020?), I will probably sit them out. :P